If you're a technical Project Manager who wants to help us deliver cutting-edge solutions to some of the world's largest media companies, send us your resume!
Codemill sells and develops video apps for the World's leading media companies. In the past years, we have had a great journey at Codemill and we have expanded our knowledge, skills, and number of employees. For 2021 and onwards we will expand even more and we have a lot of exciting opportunities ahead of us. We are always interested in connecting with talented and experienced people who are interested in joining our amazing crew. Maybe we have a position that suits your ambitions and skills!
At Codemill we build cloud-based video applications that are used within the media workflow. Our tools help our customers to manage quality control, marketing, editing, automatic adjustments, and AI services. Our core product is Accurate.Video, which is used within the media and broadcasting business for video production. We sell Accurate Video to Global Top 100 media companies and some customers are ITV, Viacom, The Guardian, and some big Hollywood companies that we are not allowed to name drop :)
Working at Codemill means being part of a company that strives towards becoming the best IT workplace in Sweden, if not the world! We always work in teams and value personal development.
We have a big focus on community and collaboration and we think that it is very important to make our co-workers feel comfortable at work. We have breakfast together every morning and on Fridays, our popcorn machine works hard to provide us with popcorn for the day (on hold due to Covid-19). We, of course, also have benefits to promote good health and teamwork.
Working as a Project Manager
As a Project Manager at Codemill, you will manage several of our projects throughout the project lifecycle. Your goals are high customer satisfaction, happy teams, and profitable projects.
We work with projects of varying scope with international customers in the media and entertainment industry. Many of them involving our own products.
You will be part of our Project Office where you'll work with other Project Managers to improve how we do project management at Codemill.
- Lead projects with cross-functional project teams, including both UX designers and software developers. You are attentive to the team and use your leadership skills to keep the team engaged.
- Delivering what the customer wants, on time, on budget and within scope.
- Financials of your projects. You administer time tracking and invoicing on your project and keeps stakeholders up to speed on how the project is proceeding.
- Help sales with sales cases that might lead to future projects, including facilitating estimations, clarifying project scope, and help write proposals for customers.
- Meet with customers throughout the projects. Many of our customers are in the US so customer meetings are often at inconvenient hours.
- Plan and coordinate projects both on long and short (typically sprint) timescales. You can leverage your background in software development to obtain a good understanding of what needs to be done, what competencies will be needed in the project, and how we can optimize the delivery.
- Work with team managers to allocate the right people for each project.
- Identify and reduce risks in the projects.
- Facilitates regular retrospectives and fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- At the end of projects, you facilitate a smooth handover to our support team.
- For this specific position, we want a project manager with strong technical skills that can keep themselves up to date on the tech used in our own products.
- At least 3 years experience managing software development projects
- Have worked as a software developer previously
- Track record of successful project management
- Excellent communicator in English, both verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly organized and results-oriented
Nice to haves
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Google Workspace