Senior Fullstack Developer
Development · Umeå Fully Remote
Are you an experienced developer that want to help us build next-gen video applications?
Are you looking for new opportunities after the summer? Great! We might be the perfect fit for you!
Codemill sells and develops video apps for the World's leading media companies. In the past years, we have made great progress at Codemill and we have expanded our knowledge, skills, and number of employees. We recently got introduced to the stock market and we see a continued growth after the summer as well, so this is why we are now looking for experienced Software Developers to join our great staff!
We are currently building the next-generation online tool, Accurate Video, that is used within the media and broadcasting business. Our tools help our customers to manage quality control, marketing, editing, and automatic adjustments & AI services.
Working at Codemill means being part of a company that strives towards becoming the best IT workplace in Sweden, if not the world! We always work in teams and value personal development. As a Senior Developer at Codemill, you will work either with building and improving our product Accurate Video or work on exciting projects to help our customers succeed in an innovative way.
We value the sense of community and collaboration and we think that it’s very important to make our co-workers feel comfortable at work.
Working as a Senior Developer
At Codemill we work in cross-functional agile teams with a focus on usability and sustainable, well-coded solutions. You will be part of our professional services team where we help external customers build custom solutions, often based on our products. Most of the time this means building modern web applications with cloud-native backends.
You will report to your Team Manager and together you will have regular follow-ups to make sure that you are satisfied with your work situation and have the opportunity to develop your competencies.
The tech we use differ from project to project, but a typical project might look something like this:
- Python or Java in a Linux environment on the backend
- Built for the cloud, typically on Amazon Web Services
- Frontend in Angular or React
- Data storage in PostgreSQL, RDS, Aurora, or sometimes dynamodb
- Built with Docker containers orchestrated by Kubernetes
You will have close communication with your teammates and in these pandemic times, we are using digital technologies to maintain our good collaboration.
For this position we are looking for someone with:
- Hands-on experience in building modern web applications, both backend, and frontend
- Have built frontend applications in modern frameworks like React, Angular, or similar
- Is experienced doing server-side development in a *nix environment, preferably in Java or Python
- Aspires to write high-quality code that is easy to maintain, fast, secure, and reliable
- Is used to working with version control, linting, debuggers, and build systems
- Has worked with or is keen to learn about automated testing, and continuous integration
- Knows common design patterns, and algorithms and is familiar with different types of application architectures
- Knows when and how to utilize common services like databases, message queues, cache layers, and search engines
- Can make trade-offs between different types of common services
We are looking for developers with at least five years of experience for this position.
We prefer that you have worked with both frontend and backend code and if you have experience from working with cloud-based applications it’s a plus. One of the most important things is that you find the video and media business interesting and want to build great things together with us.
It’s preferable if you have an academic background within for example Computer Science, Interaction Design, or Technical Engineering. As a person you should be curious to learn new things, enjoy collaborating with others, and willing to share your knowledge.
As a part of the Codemill staff, you have the opportunity to develop your skills further regardless if you want to have a wide set of skills or if you want to specialize in something specific. We always strive to use modern technologies and innovative solutions and right now we focus a lot on cloud distribution and security. As you begin to settle in your role as a senior developer, you may have the chance to take on more responsibility.
About the position
This position is full-time and can be performed fully remote within the EU or UK. We have our main office in Umeå but we have learned to work in a distributed way during the pandemic. We have flexible working hours and the opportunity to work with the latest technology.
There is no defined starting date yet but we will start interviewing for this position in August.
We encourage female applicants to apply for this position.